I am from sunny side park picnics and bright red fire hydrants protruding from the from yard.
I am from hide and seek outside at night and supersoaker water gun ambushes.
I am from ironed and starched chef uniforms and copious amounts of books on the desk.
I am from " Be careful when you get in the pool, the water is wet.", "No call backs no come
backs" and "Te amo".
I am from Aunt Nancy's cold lowis egan dessert and moms cream cheese fruit dip.
I am from old envelopes slightly disheveled and sterilite storage bins in my moms basement.
I am from playing house with my sister Emily and putting on puppet shows for mom and dad
with my siblings.
i can agree with you on the watergun ambushes. i have an older brother and his friends gained up on me. the hide and seek was fun in our family too.
ReplyDeleteYour paper is very informative I was unaware of this disorder, so I investigated about it and found the following information. The patients may injure themselves or interfered with healing
ReplyDeleteThe syndrome is described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV),to assume the sick role.” People with factitious disorders manifest physical or -psychological symptoms, or both. Last year, the Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) published a thoughtful policy on MBP that attempts to defi ne the illness in terms that will promote harm reduction.The MBP policy is available at the AAP Web site (http://aappolicy.aappublications.org).typical presentations of Munchausen syndrome by proxy:
>• Bleeding from the administration of anticoagulants, phenolphthalein
> Apnea produced by manually suffocating the child
>• CNS depression produced by drugs such as insulin, chloral hydrate (Aquachloral, Noctec), barbiturates, aspirin, diphenhydramine
(Allermax, Benadryl), tricyclic antidepressants, acetaminophen (Tylenol),or hydrocarbons
>• Diarrhea and vomiting secondary to ipecac, laxatives,or salt administration
> Fever by falsifying the chart, or by rubbing a thermometer or immersing it in hot liquid
>• Rash from drug poisoning, scratching, caustics, or skin painting.
Sources: 1. Malatack, J. J., Consolini, D., et al, 'Taking on the parent to save a
child: Munchausen syndrome by proxy," 2006, www.modernmedicine.com
In general, be suspicious when faced with puzzling,be wary if a child presents with a history of multiple, prolonged, or unexplained illnesses, becomes sick only when his mother is present, suffers from a great number of allergies, or comes from a family that has had unexplained infant deaths.'"you have a legal obligation to report your suspicions. Promptly document your observations and present your findings to your administrators. Your documentation should be factual and objective, especially since the chart could be used in court. Offenders who feel ignored may grow desperate in their attempts for attention and may further harm the child. Once confronted, the parent or caregiver may become angry, depressed, or suicidal. All the information above I got it for the cited works. It is important to observe certain behavior that may be suspicious, because are care practitioner we are responsible for the well being of all our patients, specially children.